The Islamic Information Center is proud to announce its second annual convention, the American Leadership Initiative for Muslims, to take place on July 23 – 25, 2010. We are seeking the best and brightest from each community, professionals, students, community activists, and anyone who wants to make a difference to attend this action-oriented convention. Over the past several years, it has becoming increasingly important for American Muslims to take on leadership roles in the community and engage the government in dialogue. Specifically this convention will focus on professionalism, civic engagement, citizenship and activism.
The American Leadership Initiative for Muslims Convention is dedicated to brainstorming actionable ideas, plans, and initiatives to elevate the status of our community in the United States. At the conclusion of the convention, attendees will return to their home communities with specific plans of action to effectuate these goals, and the Islamic Information Center will help to coordinate these nationwide initiatives throughout the year.
This convention includes site visits to crucial U.S. government agencies and meetings with government officials. Each day, attendees will work together to strategize and establish goals to be achieved enact throughout the year. These meetings will not discuss hypothetical topics – but actual plans to implement the knowledge gained at the convention to help ALL Muslims, both locally and abroad!
The Islamic Information Center is proud to announce its second annual convention, the American Leadership Initiative for Muslims, to take place on July 23 – 25. We are seeking the best and brightest from each community, professionals, students, community activists, and anyone who wants to make a difference to attend this action-oriented convention. This convention is different than any other type of Muslim convention in a few ways:
- This is an action oriented convention, dedicated to creating new and realistic solutions – nothing at this convention is “hypothetical“
- All attendees participate in discussions on the future of our community in this country
- This event features organizations that have succeeded in different ways in helping Muslims and other innocents around the world, including Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain, the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, and more!
- The convention will also feature various government agencies and elected officials responsible for policies that affect us all, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI); Departments of State, Treasury, and Education; and several current US Congressmen and Congresswomen!
- Attendees will have the opportunity to tour various government facilities, and see where the US decision making process happens.
- The American Leadership Initiative for Muslims will take place at the Capital Hilton, less than THREE BLOCKS from the White House.
- This is not a “large scale” convention with innumerable attendees, but a convention that seeks to involve community members who want to make a difference.